Last updated 5 days ago
A revolution is brewing! Beat the Brewer returns to our WhirlyBall in Lombard this Tuesday, June 30th from 7-10PM. Like with any brewer challenge, for one night the grand sport of WhirlyBall is free and open to the public. The only catch? You must go bumper-to-bumper with some of Chicago’s best brewers!
Revolution Brewing Company was founded in Logan Square back in 2010. Since then they have again and again revolutionized their techniques to adapt to changing craft beer audiences.
Their brewpub produces about 50 different beer styles each year, from session beers to hop bombs to bourbon barrel aged beers.
When you’re not on the court, The Rev Brew Crew has some brews for you to try throughout the night, including:
Cross Of Gold/$6
Hugene Porter Brew Pub Edition/$7
Bottom Up Wit/$5
Free WhirlyBall and great brews not enough? This event is a “Steal the Jar” event too, so keep the jar you drink from!
And don’t forget...RSVP in advance at whirlyball.com/lombard for a chance to win a $50 WhirlyBall card!
Last updated 3 months ago
Ah, is there a better hobby to have than to be a craft beer connoisseur? It’s a pasttime you can share with others or enjoy by yourself. It’s a craft (no pun intended) that takes time and first-hand research, and not everyone is up to snuff. After reading this list, you’ll know whether you are a true craft beer enthusiast or at least on your way to becoming one.
1. You’ve Got The Basics Down.
You know the difference between an ale and a lager, you know what IPA stands for, and you DEFINITELY know the three different types of hops.
*Cheat Sheet: Ales are brewed with top fermenting yeast while lagers are brewed with bototm fermenting yeast. IPA stands for India Pale Ale. Lastly, there are three categories of hops: bittering, aroma, and hybrid.
2. You Don’t Get In the Game Just During Pumpkin Spice Season #Bandwagoners
Don’t get us wrong, Pumpkin Spice is fantastic but that’s not all there is to craft beer! Just looking forward to that flavor is severely limiting your palate. Don’t be afraid to explore grassy notes, chocolate malts, or citrusy flavors.
3. You Know It’s About Quality Not Quantity.
Most of us have had our fair share of college nights that we’d rather not remember due to how much we drank. The past is the past and you’ve learned your lesson. It’s not the amount you drink but how good it is that makes it worth it. So savor your drinks. Take time to take a whiff and sip slowly.
4. You’re Not Afraid To Try Something New...
Half the fun of traveling is seeing what craft beers they offer that you haven’t tried yet. There’s so many - and more always coming out - it seems impossible to keep up. But you do your best.
5. But You Do Have A Go-To Beer.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with going to your favorite beer at times. The heart wants what it wants and that’s fine, just don’t forget to spice it up every so often.
6. You Can Throw Out Cool Names Nonchalantly.
“3 Sheeps Rebel Kent The First Amber? New Belgium Lips of Faith Cocoa Mole? Urban Chestnut Schnickelfritz? Yea, I’ve tried them.”
7. You’re A Pro At Knowing Which Flavors Compliment Which Foods.
Here’s a simple breakdown:
IPA = Burgers and Sweets
Pilsner = Chicken, Salmon, and Salads
Amber Ale = Chicken, Seafood, and Spicy Foods
Brown Ale = Pork and Salmon
Porters = BBQ and Beef
Stout = Beef, Chicken, and Oyster
8. Everyone Comes To You For Recommendations.
9. You’re Always At WhirlyBall Chicago’s Craft Beer Events!
Anyone who wants to claim the highest of craft beer knowledge knows not to miss WhirlyBall’s craft beer events. To learn more, check out our website, take a gander at our Chicago beer list and make sure you sign up for our Craft Beer Aficionado list!
Last updated 3 months ago
So you just played your first or even hundredth game of laser tag. You are probably feeling pretty satisfied with yourself. Well here’s a sneak peek of what’s coming next!
1. You now have permanent night vision.
2. You can hear a pin drop from the other side of the battle field.
3. Setting phone on vibrate?! Ha, more like silent! Amateurs...
4. You’ve mastered the defensive pose.
5. You’ve got your game plan ready to go….
6. #5 was a test! There is no “game plan” in laser tag! This is wild hunting ground!
7. You’ve gained spidey senses that tingle when the enemy is upon you.
8. Who says yoga pants are only good for yoga? They’re perfect for running through the jungle that is the laser tag arena!
9. You don’t just know the “hide and shuffle” technique - you invented it!
10. You’ve perfected your breathing to be undetectable to any and all ears.
11. Uneven teams with the other team having the upperhand? No sweat. You’ve got the team covered.
12. You’ve practiced your shooting style in the mirror.
13. You’ve created a set of hand signals to communicate with people on your team.
14. Call it paranoia, but you can now smell the sweat of the weak and scared.
15. You know just the right amount to eat before battle.
16. Your tip toe run is phenomenal.
17. You’ve choreographed your victory dance to a T.
18. But you don’t dance for long - It makes you vulnerable to attack!
19. You don’t mind being the eldest person in the game. You have much more wisdom and experience than these kids!
20. Your teammates are your only companions.
21. But everyone is friends again when the game is over.
22. And YOU'VE WON!
Still passionate about laser tag? Cool! Check out our hourly rate pricing or give us a call at 773-486-7777.
Last updated 4 months ago
WhirlyBall, while fun, is no joke. Things can get pretty intense here and because of that, WhirlyBall can really teach you a lot about yourself. Here’s a list of the top seven self-discoveries you’ll experience.
1. WHO YOUR REAL FRIENDS ARE
First things first, real friends will NEVER say no to an invite to WhirlyBall. Aside from the birth of your first child (maybe…), there’s never a legitimate reason to decline the offer.
Work will wait, fun does not.
2. TEAM BUILDING AND TRUST
Forget trust falls and campfire sing-a-longs, nothing will make a team stronger than proving your loyalty in a game of WhirlyBall. It should be added to every management strategy.
3. HOW SHARP ARE YOUR SENSES?
Can you detect when someone is lurking around the corner in the dark? Do you have cat-like reflexes? If you don’t know now, you’ll find out during an intense game of laser tag!
4. YOUR LEVEL OF SELF-CONTROL
When you have pretzel bites, wings, and sliders to choose from, it gets hard to deny any of them. Will you do the right thing and instill a sense of portion control or will you eat like it’s your last meal? It’s your choice and we really couldn’t blame you for choosing either.
5. HOW WELL YOU KNOW YOUR CRAFT...
Beer, that is! We’ve got a great stock of beer on tap and in bottles for you to choose from. Do you have a regular favorite or are you willing to be adventurous and try something new? Let’s find out!
6. YOUR STRIKE STRUT
Just like a football player has his touchdown dance, a bowler has their walk from bowling a strike. Have yours ready, you’re going to need it.
7. THE OLDER YOU ARE THE MORE FUN YOU HAVE
Who says that driving in bumper cars and playing laser tag has to be just for kids? To us and everyone who has come here, WhirlyBall gets more fun with age!
What are you waiting for!? The path to self-discovery is just a phone call (773-4867777) or click away!
Last updated 4 months ago
Whether you’re a fan of lasertag, bowling, craft beer, or just the thrilling sport of WhirlyBall…these Valentine’s Day cards are for you!